If you’re tired of using a cold, damp towel after your shower or bath, you may be considering a heated towel rack. Before you buy, it’s important to make sure you know what to expect from your heated towel rack, where you should place it, and how to use it properly.
These racks are often found in spas or high-end hotels as they provide warmth and luxurious comfort. In recent years, heated towel racks have become much more accessible and affordable so you can easily purchase one for your home!
The Main Purpose of Your Heated Towel Rack
The main purpose of having a heated towel rack is to dry your towels before and after use. These racks also provide some warmth to your towels, though they are not designed to explicitly warm items.
How Do Heated Towel Racks Work?
Heated towel racks work by heating up to a set temperature and then maintaining that temperature. The heat comes from either electricity or hydronic power, which is then used to heat up metal rods or wires.
Electric heated towel racks are available in hardwired or plug-in options. These models are more common than hydronic options because they are usually easier to install. They use electricity to heat up internal coils, cables, or a liquid solution which then spreads through the bars of the towel rack.
Hydronic heated towel racks use water to generate heat. They must be connected to a boiler or other water heater, and the hot water circulates through the towel rack to heat it up. Installing a hydronic heated towel rack can be a bit challenging, but if you are remodeling, renovating, or building your home, this option can easily be integrated into that process!
How to Use A Heated Towel Rack
Now that you know what a heated towel rack is and how it works, it’s time to learn how to use one! Here are a few tips:
- Preheat your towel rack before using it. This will help ensure that your towels are warm and dry when you need them.
- Hang your towel on the towel rack, making sure that it is not touching the floor or any other surfaces.
- Make the most of your towel rack and save energy by keeping it on. Alternatively, use a timer.
Best Location for A Heated Towel Rack
Ultimately, the best placement for a heated towel rack depends on how you intend to use it. If you want to use it to dry wet towels after a shower, placing it on a wall in your bathroom is a good move. However, if you want to use your towel rack to dry delicate clothing, pool towels, outdoor gear, or dish towels, you may want to place it in another area of your home.
What to Keep In Mind When Installing Your Towel Rack
Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding where to place your heated towel rack:
- Install it near an electrical outlet if you are using an electric model.
- Avoid placing your towel rack near any water sources, such as a shower, sink, or bathtub.
- Place your towel rack at a height that is comfortable for you to reach.
- Make sure your towel rack is out of reach of children or pets to prevent any accidents.
Want to learn more about heated towel rack installation? Click here!